As you may or may not know, this is my very first Christmas in my forever home, and I'm discovering that Mommy is Christmas crazy!!! She's already pulling out her collection of Christmas books, movies, and music, writing gift lists, and planning her decorating for the season. (I'm very intrigued by the idea of an indoor tree...heehee.) By the looks of things Christmas is getting ready to take over our lives and I just don't know what to expect.
So here's our Challenge for you:
We would like you to write a short story and describe what a special little kitty like me might expect for their very first Christmas. (Leave your story or a link to your post in the comments below.) What will be in my stocking? Will I see Santa? (Is he really always watching? Uh oh.) Will anything about it be scary? Can I climb the Christmas tree and play with the ornaments? Will Mommy dress me up like she did at Halloween? How can I "give back" and help less fortunate kitties that are still homeless at Christmas? If I were an edible Christmas truffle, what would my yummy filling be?
Another idea...if you have a kitty of your own maybe they could give me some advice too!
No length requirements, answer one question, all of them, or make up something "Kitty's First Christmas" all your own! Have fun with it and be creative!
One lucky storyteller will win: Silent Knife by Shelley Freydont, Merry Ex-Mas by Sheila Roberts, a $5 Starbucks gift card, and a Lake Champlain Chocolates Coffee Truffle bar!
* All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on November 11th.
* Remember that to be eligible to win the challenge you must be signed up to participate in the Read-A-Thon and you must leave your story or a link to your post in the comments below before 11:59 pm EST on November 11th!
Please check out all of the Challenges for even more chances to win:
* Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings "Holiday Scramble"
* Melissa & Truffles @ Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries & More "Christmas Truffles Creative Writing Challenge"
* Sharon @ Obsession with Books "Holiday Traditions & Recipes"
* Vilia @ Backchatting Books "Twelve Days of Christmas"
* April @ My Shelf Confessions "Christmas Cover Lover Puzzle Challenge"
* Cricket @ Little Library Muse "Favorite Christmas Baking Recipe"