Meows from Mudpie and Happy Earth Day, everyone!
Here are some ideas on how to "go green" with your kitty...
1) Most cats love canned food. (Notice I said "most"...ahem) Recycle the cans!
2) Reuse plastic bags by lining them inside a small pail and keeping it next to your litter boxes. Scoop clumps into the bag, cover it and toss bag when full.
3) Cut back on the number of plastic bags you get by bringing reusable totes for trips to the pet store.
4) Make a puzzle feeder out of plastic soda or water bottles. Cut a few small holes into the side of the bottle and insert treats or catnip. If you go through a lot of bottles consider making a bunch to enrich the lives of shelter cats!
5) Make fun cat toys out of toilet paper rolls, plastic milk container rings and crumpled up paper
6) Turn all those cardboard boxes from Amazon Prime into an adorable scratching pad or play house.
7) Choose environmentally friendly kitty litters such as Weruva's sustainably sourced All-Natural Hinoki Wood & Green Tea Cat Litter and Garfield's new biodegradable and flushable litter.
8) It's time for spring cleaning! Donate extra towels, blankets, etc. to your local shelter.
Adopt. Is there anything better than a recycled pet? We don't think so!