How exciting! My first blog award, and I've been nominated TWICE in the same week!!! I've been tagged with the Liebster Blog Award by Home is Where the Book Is and By the Cover Book Club.
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award.
So here we go...
11 Facts About Me:
1) I prefer the company of animals to people.
2) I have a beautiful tortie,
the true star of my blog.
3) I am a total homebody.
4) In spite of #3, I hope to one day travel to
Alaska and England.
5) My favorite foods are coffee, cocoa, pizza and chocolate.
6) I love classic country music.
7) I'd love to time travel to the Old West.
8) Christmas is my favorite time of year - I start decorating in mid November, don't take my tree down until mid January, and read nothing but Christmas books during the season.
9) My favorite color as a child was purple. Now it's pink.
10) I devoured every Nancy Drew book in middle school.
11) I love to watch scary movies and tv shows late at night, especially anything Hitchcock.
My questions from Home Is Where the Book Is:
1. Kindle or Book? Both
2. Favorite Book? Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol
3. How long have you been blogging? A year in August
4. Favorite Author? Agatha Christie
5. Birthday or Christmas? Christmas
6. Favorite Season Fall
7. What author living or dead would you like to meet? Laura Ingalls Wilder
8. Hardback or paperback Paperback
9. Favorite song?
George Strait's Amarillo By
10. Favorite genre to read? Cozy mysteries
11. Favorite TV show? Little House on the Prairie
My questions from By the Cover Book Club:
Is there a specific genre you like to review best? Cozy Mysteries
What book would you like to see turned into a movie? Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat
Who is your favorite book hero? Rhett Butler
What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
Reading and quality time
with my cat.
What is your favorite book/movie snack? Tortilla chips
What do you look for in a leading man/woman? Kindness to animals, strength, sensitivity
What is your least favorite genre and why? Horror, can’t stand blood and gore
If you had to pick a book that stayed with you long after the cover was closed, what would it be and why? The Devil in the
deliciously creepy White City
What is your biggest book pet-peeve? Having to wait too long for the next book in a series to come out!!!
Do you prefer happily ever afters or a good tear jerker? Happily ever after
My 11 questions:
1.Christmas or Halloween?
2. Favorite pizza topping?
3. Coffee, tea, or cocoa?
4. What is your favorite time of day to read?
5. What is the first website you go to in the morning?
6. Favorite cable channel?
7. When you walk in the bookstore what is the first section you visit?
8. Favorite ice cream flavor?
9. Do you collect anything (besides books?)
10. Snowmen or gingerbread men?
11. Do you believe in ghosts?
11 people I have given the Liebster Blog Award to: