Everyone who signed up was paired with another blogger to celebrate their fellow blogger with compliments, support, and encouragement via a special blog post and sharing with social media. We were paired with Kate O'Brien of SlimDoggy and SlimKitty. Yesterday Kate posted their beautiful gift to us and we were touched beyond words!
SlimDoggy and SlimKitty's focus is just what their blog header says: "Food, fitness and fun for healthy pets." Just as obesity is an epidemic among us humans, it is also a huge problem with our beloved pets, and their health is suffering because of it. SlimDoggy and SlimKitty provide a wide variety of resources to help you get your pet down to a healthy weight or to maintain an already active lifestyle.
Five reasons we purr for SlimDoggy:
1) Their SlimDoggy Dog Food Ranking Index, created to help people easily rank and compare foods.
2) They co-host the FitDog Friday blog hop where dog bloggers everywhere link up their fitness posts. A multitude of ideas on how to have fun with your dog while helping them to stay fit.
3) The SlimDoggy App lets you track your dog’s daily activities (and calories burned) as well as their daily feedings (and calories eaten). You never again have to guess about how much to feed your dog!
4) Their Dog Food Ingredients A to Z series is a comprehensive list of common dog food ingredients that is incredibly well researched and provides scientific support of benefits or risks. Their goal upon completion is to have the best free resource on dog food ingredients out there.
5) SlimDoggy has been involved with dog rescues for many years and they are committed to using the SlimDoggy brand to assist pet-focused charitable organizations while they work to solve the pet obesity problem.
Earlier this year we were so happy when SlimKitty was launched, with a goal of fighting obesity in cats and bringing their health and fitness message to cat owners and lovers.
5 reasons we purr for SlimKitty:
1) Guest Bloggers. The SlimDoggy family doesn't have any cats, so they have a call out for feline contributors. Truffles was very excited to write her very first guest post for them: 5 Interactive Toys Your Cat Wants.
2) It's not as easy to get your cat to exercise as it is for a dog. If a cat doesn't want to do something, they're just not going to do it. SlimKitty features many articles with great ideas on how to help your cat stay fit and have fun at the same time!
3) Being obese is as unhealthy for our cats as it is for ourselves. Obesity in cats can predispose the cat to diabetes. SlimKitty has recently been writing about feline diabetes, which I really appreciate after having lived with a diabetic cat. Awareness is key with feline diabetes. While diabetes can be controlled and managed with early detection, the ultimate goal is prevention.
4) Are you as overwhelmed as I am when you attempt to read cat food labels at the pet store? Pet Food Labels Explained Part 1 and Part 2 are some of the best explanations I've found.
5) SlimKitty regularly has fun, informative posts that allow readers extra insight into our feline friends, such as why do cats purr and why do cats like to sit in boxes.
I hope we've inspired you to visit Kate at SlimDoggy and SlimKitty!
SlimDoggy can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest; and SlimKitty is also on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.