Today we're joining the 2016 Pet Blogger Challenge hosted by GoPetFriendly.com.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
I started blogging in August 2011. Mochas, Mysteries and Meows is the purr-fect destination for everyone who embraces a cozy, cat-centric lifestyle: curling up on the couch with a warm beverage, a great book, and a cat...or 3.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
I'm proud that I *survived* 2015. It was another year of transition for me, as I suffered the sudden loss of Truffles and added Mudpie to my family. The outpouring of love that I received in the aftermath of Truffles' death meant more to me than anyone will ever, ever know. And everyone's love and acceptance of Mudpie taking over the blog makes me so happy too. Being part of such a tight-knit community is something I will always cherish. I'm not sure I would have gotten through this past year without that support.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
The post where Angel Truffles interviewed Mudpie is incredibly special to me.
4. A common theme from last year’s challenge was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
I joined Instagram! I had avoided it like the plague because I don't consider myself a very good photographer, but I've actually come to love it and already have over 400 followers!
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.)
Of course, the posts where I announced Truffles' passing, Forever Young, Precious Truffles, and Mudpie's arrival were hugely popular. Then Dispatches from the Bridge: Remember Me, where Truffles wrote about what happened to her on that awful night. (I wrote the post and I *still* can't read that one without crying!!!)
I think what struck a chord with people about Truffles' death is it made them realize they need to cherish every single moment they have with their pet. Age means nothing, they can still be gone in the blink of an eye.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
Oh, there are SO many amazing cat blogs out there today. If I *have* to single out just one, I must say that I have a serious blog crush on A Tonk's Tail, chronicling the escapades of Allie, Faraday and Maxwell. The photography is stunning and the blog posts are fun, creative and informative. A new post goes live at 1AM eastern, which is usually around the time I quit reading before bed, and I always check it out before turning out the lights.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
I could not live without PicMonkey. In 2015 I invested in a premium membership and I use it every single day. My pictures need all the help they can get!!! As I said before, I don't consider myself a good photographer at all, but I've discovered that I really enjoy getting creative with my pictures thanks to PicMonkey. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge and dive into Photoshop, but until then it has worked really well for me.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
Blogging is a lot of work and a big commitment, so write about what you love. The two things in life that I could never live without are cats and books, so writing about them both comes as natural to me as breathing.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
My goal is to continue growing our blog and to use it as a stepping stone towards freelance writing for a national publication, either online or print.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
I would love to ask our readers what they want to see more of on the blog. Do you have a favorite feature? A topic you would like us to cover? Please let us know!!!